Dimensions: Width 100mm
Contents of Optional Installation KitThe optional Flexi-Bund kit for traffic applications contains,
1. 2 x tubes of Sikaflex 11FC adhesive per 5 metres of Flexi-Bund
2. 1 x 250ml Sika Cleaner
3. 1 x Line marker
4. 1 x Adhesive Cartridge Dispenser
Tools Required1. Measuring Tape, Fine Tooth Saw (hacksaw is suitable)
1. Roll out Flexi-Bund at least 2 hours before installation to remove any depressions in the material.
2. Apply Degreaser diluted with water at 20 parts to 1 with a broom or mop to all floor surfaces to which Flexi-Bund is to be installed. Floor surface must be clean, dry and free of oil or grease.
3. Once the surface is completely dry, accurately measure the length of Flexi-Bund required and carefully cut to size using a fine tooth saw or sharp blade.
4. Mark a straight line on the floor along the edge of the proposed line of Flexi-Bund.
5. Lay Flexi-Bund along the line, exposing the continuous slots along the base of the Flexi-Bund.
6. Apply Sika Cleaner to the underside Flexi-Bund surfaces very thinly with a clean polishing cloth or tissue, NOT BRUSH, changing the cloth frequently. Allow a minimum of 10 minutes to dry and a maximum of 30 minutes. Refer Sika instructions.
7. Apply a continuous bead of adhesive into the two outside slots on the base for the full length and a small amount in the middle slot every metre of Flexi-Bund to be installed. Ensure that sufficient adhesive is applied to overfill each slot.
8. Carefully lay the Flexi-Bund over against the straight line and apply brief downward pressure to ensure floor contact with an adhesive until the full length is installed.9. If Flexi-Bund is installed to abut a wall, carefully apply adhesive to the joint to ensure a waterproof seal between the wall and Flexi-Bund.
1. Flexi-Bund should not be installed on a concrete lip or step edge where tyres may “drag” the bunding forward. Consider laying the material on a flat area back from edges or lips for effective use.
2. Sika Cleaner. Refer Sika instructions.
3. If the floor is not completely dry, adhesive may not adhere effectively.
4. Clean, smooth bends may be formed with Flexi-Bund to 90 degrees, for corners or around work areas. A minimum arc of at least 1 metre is required. To create a bend, lay the Flexi-Bund on the floor and place a weight on the material at a point before the required bend. Carefully form the bend ensuring that the Flexi-Bund does not gather or lift at any point, place a weight on the Flexi-Bund at the other end of the bend. Once the bend is formed, mark a line along the edge of the Flexi-Bund to assist in aligning once adhesive has been applied.
5. Flexi-Bund must not be exposed to traffic for 24 hours after application. If it is necessary for vehicles to cross Flexi-Bund within 24 hours of installation, place a ramp over the required traffic section or position a length of timber on either side of the Flexi-Bund to protect the adhesive from being disturbed.
6. Installed as per the instructions, Flexi-Bund will provide an effective trafficable, bund barrier impervious to most oils, greases, detergents and chemicals.
7. Surface ripples may be present when first unrolling Flexi-Bund, but will eventually smooth out after the material is installed.