Our MAXBund™ premium quality Floor Bunding allows for cost efficient and rapid bunding of storage and decanting areas in warehouses, storage sheds and hard stands.
Semi-permanent options include the MAXBund™ Tribund Flexible Bunding System, while the F4 rigid floor bunding is ideal for heavy duty applications as it can be safely driven over.
We still supply Flexi-Bund; a patented floor bunding product. Governement approved. Installed on many government sites. Proven performance since 2003 Nationwide in Australia.
Manufactured from a combination of rubber and PVC, Flexi-Bund is designed to seal against floor surfaces in workshops, warehouses, marinas, wash bays, liquid storage areas, compressor bays, chemical plants, loading docks, mine sites and any area with a sealed surface.
Step 1 - Prepare Bunding
Roll out bunding at least 1 hour before installation to remove any depressions in the material.
Step 2 - Prepare Surface
Apply degreaser diluted with water 20 parts to 1 with a broom or mop to all floor surfaces.
Step 3 - Degrease Surface
Rinse floor area with water, then mop or scrape areas containing residual oil or grease.
Step 4 - Cut Bunding
Once the surface is completely dry, accurately measure the length of bunding required and carefully cut to size using a sharp blade.
Step 5 - Mark Surface
Mark a straight line on the floor along the edge of the proposed line of bunding.
Step 6 - Clean Bunding
Cleaning underside surface of bunding to remove any dirt or dust.
Step 7 - Apply Adhesive
Apply a continuous bead of adhesive into two outside slots for the full length and a small amount in the middle slot of every metre of bunding to be installed.
Step 8 - Secure Bunding
Carefully lay the bunding over against the straight line and apply downward pressure to ensure floor contact with adhesive until the full length is installed. The best way to ensure maximum contact is to walk “heel to toe” along the length of the bunding.
Step 9 - Wall Contact
If bunding is installed to abut a wall, carefully apply adhesive to the joint to ensure a waterproof seal between the wall and bunding.
Step 10 - Making a Corner Piece
Place bunding at right angles and seal pieces together.
Or for a neater option, cut bunding at 45 degree angles and seal together.
- Installed as per instructions, Best Bunding will provide a trafficable bund barrier impervious to oils, greases, detergents and chemicals found in most industrial settings.
- Ensure the floor is completely clean before attempting to adhere Best Bunding otherwise adhesive may not adhere effectively.
- Surface ripples present when first unrolling Best Bunding will eventually smooth after the Best Bunding is installed.
- Best Bunding must not be exposed to vehicular traffic for 24 hours after application. If it is necessary for vehicles to cross Best Bunding within 24 hours of installation, place a ramp over the required traffic section or position a length of timber on either side of the Best Bunding to protect the adhesive from being disturbed.
- Best Bunding should not be installed on a concrete lip or step edge where tyres may "drag" the bunding forward. Consider laying the material on a flat area back from edges or lips for effective use.
- Clean, smooth bends may be formed with Best Bunding to 90 degrees, for corners or around work areas. A minimum arc of at least 1 metre is required. To create a bend, lay the Best Bunding on the floor and place a weight on the material at a point before the required bend. Carefully form the bend ensuring that the Best Bunding does not gather or lift at any point, place a weight on the Best Bunding at the other end of the bend. Once the bend is formed, mark a line along the edge of the Best Bunding to assist in aligning once adhesive has been applied.
- Simson ISR 70-03 Silyl Modified Polymer is recommend for installing Best Bunding due to its unique combination of adhesive and sealant properties and is available in our Installation Kits (sold separately). We cannot be responsible for any issues arising as a result of the use of an inappropriate adhesive or through not following the installation instructions.