It is fairly common among industries to have bulk storage of oil and chemicals. While this is beneficial to the company, this poses a risk to the environment in the event of accidental spills specially during deliveries. Government regulations require oil storage facilities to be properly bunded. The following highlights the most important aspects:
• The bund should consist of a base and surrounding walls which must be constructed or lined with a material impermeable to the oil stored.
• The bund should not have a damp proof course.
• Pipework should not pass through the bund. However, if this is unavoidable any gaps in the wall must be filled with material resistant to attack by the oil.
• The capacity of the bund must be at least 10% greater than the total storage capacity of the tank(s).
• There must be no outlet connecting to drains, sewers, watercourses or discharging into yards or onto ground.
• Normally rainwater should evaporate from the bund. Should there be a need to remove accumulated rainwater this should be done using a manually operated pump.
Bestbunding offers the most compliant bund in relation to the above mentioned specifications. It not only passes but surpasses these specifications since it can be used ultimately anywhere. Installation is a cinch and done in no time at all.
Call now to get the best and most affordable bunding around. Bestbunding flexible bund. Your partner in storage bunding.