An area wherein potential risks of a spill which can be magnified by specific situations should be managed and attended.
The following factors may impact a spill incident and require emergency response:
- entry to building's ventilation system of hazardous vapors
- possibility of spill overflowing to other areas which may expand threat of harm
- presence of incompatible chemicals which may trigger explosion, etc.
- proximity of spill to offices containing people
- the type, location and amount of substance spilled
- hazardous characteristics of the spilled substance
- method of cleaning up the spill