What to do in case of a spill
Whenever there is a spill, tell your colleagues or the safety team no matter how small or insignificant the spill appears. In assessing a spill's risks and to obtain advice on cleanup procedures, it always helps to solicit the advice of others. Communication is essential in every situation. A small spill can result in a harmful exposure to you or others or can result in hazards that are not obvious; therefore, notification of regulatory officials may be required.
The following steps should be taken in an event of a spill:
- prevent the spread of the substance
- control the spread of the substance or liquid. Bestbunding offers the cheapest and most effective spill containment in the market.
- absorb the liquid or substance. Bestbunding also offers spill kits to address immediate emergency spills. Contact our friendly operator for more information and assistance.
- collect and contain residues
- dispose of the wastes properly
- decontaminate the area and the affected equipment.